Meaning & Definition of Bake in English
1. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven
- "Bake the potatoes"
2. Prepare with dry heat in an oven
- "Bake a cake"
3. Heat by a natural force
- "The sun broils the valley in the summer"
- broil ,
4. Be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun
- "The town was broiling in the sun"
- "The tourists were baking in the heat"
- bake ,
Examples of using
I've just watched a video on how to bake a sumptuous blueberry pie.
Do you bake every day?
Mary's birthday will be soon. I am going to bake a cake for her.