Meaning & Definition of Attitude in English
1. A complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways
- "He had the attitude that work was fun"
- attitude ,
- mental attitude
2. The arrangement of the body and its limbs
- "He assumed an attitude of surrender"
- position ,
- posture ,
3. A theatrical pose created for effect
- "The actor struck just the right attitude"
4. Position of aircraft or spacecraft relative to a frame of reference (the horizon or direction of motion)