Meaning & Definition of Assumption in English
1. A statement that is assumed to be true and from which a conclusion can be drawn
- "On the assumption that he has been injured we can infer that he will not to play"
- premise ,
- premiss ,
2. A hypothesis that is taken for granted
- "Any society is built upon certain assumptions"
- assumption ,
- supposition ,
3. The act of taking possession of or power over something
- "His assumption of office coincided with the trouble in cuba"
- "The nazi assumption of power in 1934"
- "He acquired all the company's assets for ten million dollars and the assumption of the company's debts"
- assumption ,
- laying claim
4. Celebration in the roman catholic church of the virgin mary's being taken up into heaven when her earthly life ended
- Corresponds to the dormition in the eastern orthodox church
- Assumption ,
- Assumption of Mary ,
- August 15
5. (christianity) the taking up of the body and soul of the virgin mary when her earthly life had ended
6. Audacious (even arrogant) behavior that you have no right to
- "He despised them for their presumptuousness"
- presumption ,
- presumptuousness ,
- effrontery ,
7. The act of assuming or taking for granted
- "Your assumption that i would agree was unwarranted"
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana