Meaning & Definition of Assay in English
1. An appraisal of the state of affairs
- "They made an assay of the contents"
- "A check on its dependability under stress"
- assay ,
2. A substance that is undergoing an analysis of its components
3. A written report of the results of an analysis of the composition of some substance
4. A quantitative or qualitative test of a substance (especially an ore or a drug) to determine its components
- Frequently used to test for the presence or concentration of infectious agents or antibodies etc.
1. Analyze (chemical substances)
2. Make an effort or attempt
- "He tried to shake off his fears"
- "The infant had essayed a few wobbly steps"
- "The police attempted to stop the thief"
- "He sought to improve himself"
- "She always seeks to do good in the world"
- try ,
- seek ,
- attempt ,
- essay ,