Meaning & Definition of Arduous in English
1. Characterized by effort to the point of exhaustion
- Especially physical effort
- "Worked their arduous way up the mining valley"
- "A grueling campaign"
- "Hard labor"
- "Heavy work"
- "Heavy going"
- "Spent many laborious hours on the project"
- "Set a punishing pace"
- arduous ,
- backbreaking ,
- grueling ,
- gruelling ,
- hard ,
- heavy ,
- laborious ,
- operose ,
- punishing ,
2. Taxing to the utmost
- Testing powers of endurance
- "His final, straining burst of speed"
- "A strenuous task"
- "Your willingness after these six arduous days to remain here"- f.d.roosevelt
- arduous ,
- straining ,
3. Difficult to accomplish
- Demanding considerable mental effort and skill
- "The arduous work of preparing a dictionary"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana