Meaning & Definition of Apparent in English
1. Clearly revealed to the mind or the senses or judgment
- "The effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"
- "Evident hostility"
- "Manifest disapproval"
- "Patent advantages"
- "Made his meaning plain"
- "It is plain that he is no reactionary"
- "In plain view"
- apparent ,
- evident ,
- manifest ,
- patent ,
- plain ,
2. Appearing as such but not necessarily so
- "For all his apparent wealth he had no money to pay the rent"
- "The committee investigated some apparent discrepancies"
- "The ostensible truth of their theories"
- "His seeming honesty"
- apparent(a) ,
- ostensible ,
Examples of using
The islanders are being slaughtered for no apparent reason.
It's quite apparent that you don't want to do this for me.
The danger was not apparent.