Meaning & Definition of Apart in English
1. Remote and separate physically or socially
- "Existed over the centuries as a world apart"
- "Preserved because they inhabited a place apart"- w.h.hudson
- "Tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"
- "An obscure village"
- apart(p) ,
- isolated ,
2. Having characteristics not shared by others
- "Scientists felt they were a group apart"- vannever bush
1. Separated or at a distance in place or position or time
- "These towns are many miles apart"
- "Stood with his legs apart"
- "Born two years apart"
2. Not taken into account or excluded from consideration
- "These problems apart, the country is doing well"
- "All joking aside, i think you're crazy"
- apart ,
3. Away from another or others
- "They grew apart over the years"
- "Kept apart from the group out of shyness"
- "Decided to live apart"
4. Placed or kept separate and distinct as for a purpose
- "Had a feeling of being set apart"
- "Quality sets it apart"
- "A day set aside for relaxing"
- aside ,
5. One from the other
- "People can't tell the twins apart"
6. Into parts or pieces
- "He took his father's watch apart"
- "Split apart"
- "Torn asunder"
- apart ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana