Meaning & Definition of Anyway in English
1. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement
- "Anyhow, he is dead now"
- "I think they're asleep
- Anyhow, they're quiet"
- "I don't know what happened to it
- Anyway, it's gone"
- "Anyway, there is another factor to consider"
- "I don't know how it started
- In any case, there was a brief scuffle"
- "In any event, the government faced a serious protest"
- "But at any rate he got a knighthood for it"
- anyhow ,
- anyway ,
- anyways ,
- in any case ,
- at any rate ,
- in any event
2. In any way whatsoever
- "They came anyhow they could"
- "Get it done anyway you can"
- anyhow ,
Examples of using
"I consider this fair, since effort will get one farther in life than ease of understanding anyway." "Says the man that seems to have skated by through a majority of life on ease of understanding...?"
Everything artificial that breaks the laws of nature dies sooner or later anyway. Only nature's creations can be eternal.
There's no need to ask. You know it anyway.