Meaning & Definition of Anxious in English
1. Eagerly desirous
- "Anxious to see the new show at the museum"
- "Dying to hear who won"
- anxious(p) ,
2. Causing or fraught with or showing anxiety
- "Spent an anxious night waiting for the test results"
- "Cast anxious glances behind her"
- "Those nervous moments before takeoff"
- "An unquiet mind"
- anxious ,
- nervous ,
- queasy ,
- uneasy ,
Examples of using
I've never seen this woman sad or anxious.
I'm anxious to succeed.
I was anxious.
She was anxious to know the entrance exam results.
She is anxious to know the results.
He is anxious to see you.
He is anxious to read the book.
People seemed to be anxious about the future.
I am anxious about the results of the examination.
I am anxious about the result.
The boy is anxious for a new soccer ball.
I have been anxious about your health.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana