Meaning & Definition of Amiss in English
1. Not functioning properly
- "Something is amiss"
- "Has gone completely haywire"
- "Something is wrong with the engine"
- amiss(p) ,
- awry(p) ,
- haywire ,
1. Away from the correct or expected course
- "Something has gone awry in our plans"
- "Something went badly amiss in the preparations"
- awry ,
2. In an improper or mistaken or unfortunate manner
- "If you think him guilty you judge amiss"
- "He spoke amiss"
- "No one took it amiss when she spoke frankly"
3. In an imperfect or faulty way
- "The lobe was imperfectly developed"
- "Miss bennet would not play at all amiss if she practiced more"- jane austen
- imperfectly ,
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana