Meaning & Definition of Alive in English
1. Possessing life
- "The happiest person alive"
- "The nerve is alive"
- "Doctors are working hard to keep him alive"
- "Burned alive"
- "A live canary"
- alive(p) ,
2. (often followed by `with') full of life and spirit
- "She was wonderfully alive for her age"
- "A face alive with mischief"
3. Having life or vigor or spirit
- "An animated and expressive face"
- "Animated conversation"
- "Became very animated when he heard the good news"
- animated ,
4. (followed by `to' or `of') aware of
- "Is alive to the moods of others"
5. In operation
- "Keep hope alive"
- "The tradition was still alive"
- "An active tradition"
- active ,
6. Mentally perceptive and responsive
- "An alert mind"
- "Alert to the problems"
- "Alive to what is going on"
- "Awake to the dangers of her situation"
- "Was now awake to the reality of his predicament"
- alert ,
- alive(p) ,
7. Capable of erupting
- "A live volcano"
- "The volcano is very much alive"
- alive ,
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana