Meaning & Definition of Agree in English
1. Be in accord
- Be in agreement
- "We agreed on the terms of the settlement"
- "I can't agree with you!"
- "I hold with those who say life is sacred"
- "Both philosophers concord on this point"
- agree ,
- hold ,
- concur ,
2. Consent or assent to a condition, or agree to do something
- "She agreed to all my conditions"
- "He agreed to leave her alone"
3. Be compatible, similar or consistent
- Coincide in their characteristics
- "The two stories don't agree in many details"
- "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"
- "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
- match ,
- fit ,
- correspond ,
- check ,
- jibe ,
- gibe ,
- tally ,
4. Go together
- "The colors don't harmonize"
- "Their ideas concorded"
- harmonize ,
- harmonise ,
- consort ,
- accord ,
- concord ,
- fit in ,
5. Show grammatical agreement
- "Subjects and verbs must always agree in english"
6. Be agreeable or suitable
- "White wine doesn't agree with me"
7. Achieve harmony of opinion, feeling, or purpose
- "No two of my colleagues would agree on whom to elect chairman"
Examples of using
We didn't agree to anything!
In one respect, I agree with you.
In that regard, I agree with you.