Meaning & Definition of Afield in English
1. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings
- "Looking afield for new lands to conquer"- r.a.hall
- afield ,
2. In or into a field (especially a field of battle)
- "The armies were afield, challenging the enemy's advance"
- "Unlawful to carry hunting rifles afield until the season opens"
3. Off the subject
- Beyond the point at issue
- "Such digressions can lead us too far afield"
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana