Meaning & Definition of Adjust in English
1. Alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard
- "Adjust the clock, please"
- "Correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- adjust ,
- set ,
2. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight
- "Align the car with the curb"
- "Align the sheets of paper on the table"
- align ,
- aline ,
- line up ,
3. Adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
- "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
- adjust ,
- conform ,
4. Make correspondent or conformable
- "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
5. Decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
Examples of using
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana