Meaning & Definition of Adapt in English
1. Make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose
- "Adapt our native cuisine to the available food resources of the new country"
- adapt ,
2. Adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
- "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
- adjust ,
- conform ,
Examples of using
I'm slow to adapt to new situations.
You have to adapt to circumstances.
It is often hard to adapt when confronted with an imponderable event.
He could not adapt his way of life to the company.
Man has a great capacity to adapt to environmental changes.
You will soon adapt yourself to this new life.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana