Meaning & Definition of Acceptable in English
1. Worthy of acceptance or satisfactory
- "Acceptable levels of radiation"
- "Performances varied from acceptable to excellent"
2. Judged to be in conformity with approved usage
- "Acceptable english usage"
3. Meeting requirements
- "The step makes a satisfactory seat"
- satisfactory ,
4. Adequate for the purpose
- "The water was acceptable for drinking"
Examples of using
There's a fine line between what's acceptable and what's not.
There's a fine line between what's acceptable and what's unacceptable.
Is this price acceptable?
Flowers are always acceptable.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana