Meaning & Definition of Abroad in English
1. In a foreign country
- "Markets abroad"
- "Overseas markets"
- abroad ,
1. To or in a foreign country
- "They had never travelled abroad"
2. Far away from home or one's usual surroundings
- "Looking afield for new lands to conquer"- r.a.hall
- afield ,
3. In a place across an ocean
- overseas ,
Examples of using
He is abroad.
Tom went abroad to study French.
I can't go abroad this year.
More and more Americans go abroad.
I cannot shout at Marika. She's a guest and she comes from abroad.
I cannot authorize Ken to go abroad.
He is abroad.
I was invited to go abroad, but I don't want to.
She's not from here. She was born abroad.
She was unable to completely give up her dream of traveling abroad.
She was advised by him to go abroad while she was still young.
I want to go abroad someday.
This year I had beautiful days abroad just like last year.
I have three brothers. One lives in Japan and the other two live abroad.
I've never been abroad before.
Have you ever been abroad?
I am saving money in order to study abroad.
I study abroad.
My father consented to my going abroad.
They had decided to put the wedding off until her brother came home from abroad.
Lingvanex products for translation of text, images, voice, documents:
- Translation app for MAC
- Translator for PC
- Translation app for Iphone
- Translation app for Android
- Translate Extension for Firefox
- Language translation Bot for Slack
- Translate Extension for Chrome
- Translate Extension for Opera
- Phone Call Translator app
- Voice assistant for Translation - Amazon Alexa, Cortana