Meaning & Definition of Abnormal in English
1. Not normal
- Not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm
- "Abnormal powers of concentration"
- "Abnormal amounts of rain"
- "Abnormal circumstances"
- "An abnormal interest in food"
- abnormal ,
2. Departing from the normal in e.g. intelligence and development
- "They were heartbroken when they learned their child was abnormal"
- "An abnormal personality"
3. Much greater than the normal
- "Abnormal profits"
- "Abnormal ambition"
Examples of using
It is abnormal to have the heart on the right side.
Her behavior is abnormal for a young girl.
I don't want to have children. Is that abnormal?